This is a combo post to catch up on my most exciting One + Four = Life post yet, and Tell All Tuesday because THERE IS SO MUCH TO TELL!
1. Laptop – The excitement of my week started off when I got a new laptop for work! I can breathe a sigh of relief now that I can seamlessly work form home, at the office, on the road, or wherever, without it impacting my productivity. Previously, I had been using a laptop that couldn’t move a centimeter without losing power and an iPad sans Microsoft Office to work anywhere besides my livingroom.
2. Peterborough Yoga Fest – Last week, I picked up two tickets for Sean and I to go get yoga-groove on at Peterborough’s inaugural Yoga Festival. I am super pumped for this all-day event promoting health, well being and community connection.
3. Love Lock – I wasn’t aware of Ottawa having a love lock bridge until Sean gave me a padlock on our Anniversary that we were to hang on our upcoming trip to the Nation’s capitol. Little did I know that this was all part of his plan to propose to me! The Corkstown bridge over the Rideau Canal has locks of all kinds hanging along it’s rails. And now, it has ours to commemorate our special day!
4. Engagement – It’s true! I’m engaged!! Of course, I had to celebrate this momentous event with a Starbucks 🙂
I always knew that Sean was clever, but I never thought his engagement plan would be so elaborate. At one single moment in time, there were several beautiful things coming together to make this a perfect memory:
1) Sean’ Engagement Episode on Excursions – Sean hosts a weekly radio show on petrockradio.com that acted as a platform for him to play an engagement episode, which was a “love mix-tape” dedicated to me. Huge thank you to Brent at PetRock who allowed the episode to run in its entirety, commercial-free. At the same time that the show started on Friday night, we were also at…
2) Corkstown Bridge – Sean had planned a lovely evening for us (including a gorgeous room at Arc the Hotel) and our first stop was to walk down to the bridge to put our love lock on. We found the perfect place, locked it, and threw the keys into the Rideau. While I was taking the picture of our lovely little lock, Sean was on Twitter, sending me a..
3) Tweet – I had just finished taking the picture of the lock and noticed that a Twitter notification flash up at the top of my screen from Sean. I glanced quickly at it, but didn’t think much of it and switched off my phone. I turned around to give Sean a hug and he told me to check the message that he had just sent me. While I was reading it, I looked down, and there was Sean, down on one knee, with a beautiful…
4) RING! My head was still trying to catch up with what was happening, when a runner ran by and started clapping and giving joyful hoots of congratulations. Sean’s best friend came out of hiding with his camera, and had captured this wonderful memory for us. And of course, I said YES!
And so begins a new chapter of my life.
For the first time ever: Sincerely yours,